OU/001/2015-2016 June 11, 2015
Oakwoods Universal welcomes all students and parents to yet another exciting year. We are looking forward to a very fruitful and productive 2015-16. As usual we continue to strive in our mission to provide the best possible educational program for our students. Our aim is to bring about a holistic development in the child and all the activities will be planned and executed with this aim.
Theme of the year: Global Citizenship – Creating a Clean and Caring World Through Our Classrooms
This theme has been introduced with an aim to foster sensitivity towards global issues in children at an early age. Therefore, we would like children to be focused on gaining knowledge and spreading awareness about the environment and climate change and to understand its implications for present and future generations.We, at Universal, shall endeavour to achieve this goal through our curricular as well as our extra-curricular activities which are designed for students in an age appropriate manner.
School Timings: – Please make sure that your child comes to school on time. All children are required to report to school five minutes before time.
Nursery, Jr. KG. and Sr.KG.
09:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Please read the school handbook carefully and abide by all the rules and regulations of the school.
- You are required to fill in the required information and sign.
- You are required to use the pages provided in the Handbook for Parent’s message if you wish to send any message to the Teacher/Coordinator.
- The school handbook should be brought to school daily and on all visiting days to school.
- Children are required to come in full school uniform- with shoes, socks and I-card throughout the Academic year.
- The P.Ed. Uniform has to be worn on every Tuesday and Thursday of the month.
- Children should wear close toed black monsoon footwear and raincoats during the rainy season. Kindly refrain from sending umbrellas.
- During the winter season students may wear a plain black cardigan or sweater.
- Please make a new Identity Card in case of loss, change in address and telephone numbers.
- Punctuality is essential at all times.
- School bag must be sent to school daily.
- Please label your child’s belongings with Name, Grade and Division.
- Stationery will be provided by the school.
- No half day leave is granted from school.
- Distribution of sweets or gifts on your child’s birthday/ any occasion is prohibited.
- For girls all hair accessories should be black.
- Parents are requested to hand over an authority letter for the child’s drop and pick up (if managed by any person other than the parent to the class teacher).
- Parents are required to leave their child at the gate. Parents are not allowed to meet children during school hours.
- The School lane has been declared a NO PARKING ZONE by the RTO.
- All circulars will be emailed to parents.
Audio Visual Teaching – Learning:
Our classrooms are equipped with Audio visual learning systems which will be used regularly in the teaching process that will enhance the entire learning experience of our children.
iPods will be given to each learner with curriculum related apps to provide them with varied learning experiences.
The school follows a Continuous Observation System. You will be given a detailed observation record of the child at the end of each term.
- Library books will be given to Nursery, Jr. KG. and Sr. KG. from July 1, 2015 onwards. Kindly follow the time table given below:
- Kindly return the book in good condition every week to avoid any penalty charges.
We have counseling facilities for our children and parents. Take benefit of these services if you face any problem in parenting or with your child’s studies. You can meet a school counsellor by taking prior appointment.
The visiting day schedule is given in the handbook. Kindly follow the same schedule. Please feel free to meet the teacher /Coordinator for any queries regarding the child’s progress during this time.
Children will be served nutritious vegetarian snacks during the snacks time.
For Nursery Parents:
Parents to hand over two pairs of clothes and one Diaper packet (of your preferred brand) in a well labelled plastic zip lock bag to the respective class teacher on the first day of the school. Parents are advised to send the child to school in diaper. Kindly discontinue diapers only after an interaction with the respective teacher.
Successful kids and successful schools usually share a secret ingredient:
Supportive Parents! Here are some ways you can be involved in your child’s education.
- The day starts well if children get plenty of rest and have a good breakfast.
- Make reading a daily habit and limit screen time.
- Monitor your children’s progress: Don’t wait until Report Cards or till the Visiting Day, to check how your children are doing. Don’t hesitate to contact teachers to find out whether your children are keeping up with assignments.
- Attend School functions to encourage and motivate your children.
We thank you for your cooperation and continued support.